Do you love gardening? Then our resident Amateur Gardeners' articles will be perfect for you! Enjoy!
- September 2016: Collecting vegetables and preparing for over-wintering and spring planting, ripening and storing. Planting new perennials. Home grown medicinal plants.
- August 2016: Dead-heading, taking and preparing cuttings, sowing hardy annuals and planting spring bulbs, harvesting your vegetable garden.
- July 2016: Tasks for July in the Vege, Fruit and Flower Gardens (Runner beans, onions & garlic, salads, potato and tomato plants, raspberries, strawberry bed, apples, pears and grapes, lupins, delphiniums, dahlias, gladioli, sweet peas, wisteria, foxgloves, carnations and roses) And.... Elderflower cordial recipe.
- June 2016: Flower care & Vege Garden tasks in June (Garlic, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Beetroot, Brussel Sprouts, Lettuce, Sweetcorn, courgettes, peas & beans, Strawberries) And.... Herbs & flowers which repel troublesome insects.
- May 2016: Forsythia care, sowing & planting, french gardening vocabulary.
- April 2016: April task list, composting, avoiding waste.
- March 2016: Planting Asparagus, dealing with Moles, chitting your potatoes.
- February 2016: Which plants repel which insects. Vegetable good and bad neighbour list.
- January 2016: Pruning fruit trees. Plant protection for winter. Winter 'to-do' list.
- December 2015: Christmas Wreaths, and thinking of birds and hedgehogs during winter.
- October 2015: October & November planting for next year, lawn care, recipe for chestnut purée.
- September 2015: Harvesting fruit. Tips on planting new pot grown shrubs. Deterring garden pests.
- August 2015: Vegetable garden summer tasks and harvesting. Summer pruning fruit trees.
- July 2015: Keeping control of the vegetable garden. Collecting seeds, taking cuttings and layering.
- May 2015: Tomato varieties. Planting according to the moon.
- April 2015: Weeding, fertilising and mulching. Lawn care. Deterring slugs.
- March 2015: Springtime tasks in the vegetable and flowers gardens. Processionary caterpillars. Getting rid of moss.
- February 2015: Spring is approaching: Early sowing, chitting. Cutting back shrubs, and trim hedges before nesting birds arrive. Salad flowers.